While being a volunteer in a hospice care in Las Vegas is not an easy task, its rewards are something you will carry with you for the rest of your life. You will build connections that will enrich your life and the lives of those you touch. Your care and kindness will bring solace in the lives of patients and their loved ones while building purpose in your life.
At ProCare, we are among the best hospice in Las Vegas. Find out what volunteering at our facility in Nevada means.
What Will You Be Doing as a Volunteer?
As a hospice volunteer at our Las Vegas hospice center, you will be helping in a number of ways. Patients and their family members require a wide range of support. This includes:
- Patients sometimes want someone who can listen to them without judging. They may want to share their life story and feelings with a volunteer.
- Family members sometimes need support. Most of the time, all they want is a listening ear.
- You can improve communication between patients and their families by encouraging them to share their feelings.
As a hospice volunteer, you will be forming close bonds with both patients that you take care of and their loved ones.
At ProCare Hospice of Nevada, our volunteers learn and grow in different areas including the following:
- Self-knowledge based on insights gained from the time spent with our patients, the families, and from our training program.
- Spiritual and emotional growth from providing end-of-life care in Las Vegas to someone through their final days while growing their awareness of their own sense of spiritual values.
Benefits of Volunteering
At ProCare Hospice in Las Vegas, we take all measures to ensure that our volunteers feel happy while lending their valuable time to our patients. At the same time, you will benefit from your service in a number of ways.
- Comprehensive Induction Program: Every volunteer at our hospice in Las Vegas is welcomed into the fold at a gradual pace. You will be given the opportunity to understand how our process works and where you fit into the picture.
- Training: You will receive both initial training and periodic training covering all the relevant topics. There is also customized training based on the role you will take up. Our training programs are designed for each volunteer based on their existing skills and specialized roles.
- Learn New Skills: Besides your existing skills, you will be learning and developing new skills at our Las Vegas hospice center. You learn new skills when you take on roles in which you don’t have much experience in. Besides, you will be working with our experienced and specialized staff and volunteers.
- Develop Experience: Volunteering at the best hospice in Las Vegas also allows you to build up practical experience. You will be able to better understand how it is to work in this discipline. A hospice has a wide range of roles and we provide different opportunities for building experience and professional growth.
- Give Back to Your Community: Every minute you spend volunteering for hospice care in Las Vegas, you will be making a difference in the lives of members of the local community. Whether you provide care or assistance with the behind-the-scenes work, every step you take makes a difference in the lives of people right here in Vegas.
There are many reasons why people like to become hospice volunteers. Many take up the opportunity to express their gratitude for the assistance they received from one of their loved ones. Volunteering in end-of-life care in Las Vegas allows you to make a difference where you live. It means you will be giving back to your community while assisting others. Helping others builds a feeling of self-worth and satisfaction. Besides, it is also great for your overall health and well-being.
Additional Benefits of Volunteering in Hospice Las Vegas
According to studies, when you do regular volunteer work, it contributes to an increased life expectancy. Volunteering helps:
- Improve the sense of well-being
- Strengthen the immune system
- Decreases insomnia
- Speeds up recovery post-surgery
Becoming a hospice volunteer also helps you enhance your CV. The volunteering service on your profile makes a positive impression when a potential employer or college assesses your resume. Even studies show that employers are more likely to hire a candidate with volunteer experience than someone without. Among other benefits, volunteering at ProCare Hospice allows you to meet new people. Meeting new people also helps expand your network.
Thus, there are many reasons for you to volunteer at ProCare Hospice of Nevada. If you want to explore the open volunteering positions at our facility, feel free to contact us. As mentioned above, working with our team creates new opportunities and opens new avenues for you. You can reach us at (702) 380-8300 or write to us using this online form.